Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some favorites so far

(I started writing this on  on  Wednesday 2-3)
The older I've get, the faster time seems to go.  It's quite scary actually.  The past three weeks have flown by with record speed, and I wish that I could slow time down at this point.  I am excited to hit the road and put into practice all that I've learned already, but on the other hand I truly love being in the office...and the roadie house has its comforts as well.  If only I could only stretch the time out...

However, I do wish I could fast forward to our Ugandan Advocates being here!  We found out yesterday (2-2) that they have all 16 visas and are good to fly out here on Friday! Here are the faces of team Mountain West.  This is a page from our promotions packet, so it is a bit small.  Tony (top picture) is our Ugandan advocate, and he was in IC's first movie, "Rough Cut".  Richard is Tony's mentor and he will be traveling and advocating along side us.  More pictures to come:)
Check out our Legacy Tour page

Besides working, training and booking our tour, we do try and find time for some fun.  Here are some of my favorite times thus far...

 
 An obvious favorite...dominating the Chase competition.



The night of the Monster Truck rally.  Sporting flannel, trucker hats and any other repulsive accessories, we headed to the rally...just to turn around and come home because they were sold out of the cheap tickets.  After the letdown, we returned to La Mesa and headed to the Roadie hangout Pete's.



...and this would be us at Pete's.  I wish you could meet these people, they would blow your mind!


 

  
Karaoke anyone?  We hit the diviest bar around for some classy karaoke to celebrate Nathan's birthday. One word: hilarious.



 Meet half of my team: Colin, Megan and Nathan.  Taking these photos was so much fun, and probably a fair indicator of how we will make our experience on the road.  These people have quickly become my friends. I admire their selfless commitment to work and the people around them.  Did I mention that they are hysterical?  As Nathan puts it, "we all speak the language of sarcasm." 

Thanks for checking in...
All my love,
Jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! thanks for sharing :)
Love you

Lindsey said...

YOU ARE GLOWING!!! Seeing you so happy makes my heart SO happy...
love you sis

Post a Comment