Thursday, January 28, 2010

MIA blogger

So it has definitely been over a week since my last post.  I apologize to my four followers, I'm sure its been devastating you.  (chuckling to myself in the IC office)  I have been super-de-duper busy though.  Obviously last week and the CHASE competition for $1 million was not normal-working 12+ hour days the whole week, topped off with a 17 hour day in the office on friday-but, we sure do work hard and put in plenty of hours around here.  I am NOT complaining though.  Working the long hours is not bad at all considering that everyone here is working just as hard and with as much commitment....and have I mentioned that my team/coworkers/supervisors are amazing.  I believe that anything is possible and nothing seems too hard when you're surrounded by people who ooze with optimism and drive.

Just to give you an idea of our training, we are being molded into traveling Invisible Children knowledge bases.  We are learning everything from the history of the war to how to professionally interact with and relate to high school administrators.  It is totally comprehensive and incredibly interesting.  Even though we're in training sessions all day, I am never bored.  Yesterday was a great day for us because there was a Chase bank congrats ceremony.  The whole thing was fun for sure, but the best part was watching the "A Million Thanks" video.  It totally encapsulates the madness and thrill of last Friday, which was the last day of the competition...the day we won the million:)


A Million Thanks from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.

Even though I am consumed by work, training, and getting to know my fellow roadies, I constantly think about my family and friends who have made it possible for me to be here!
Sending you my love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment