Thursday, April 1, 2010

Colorado is digging its claws into me

 

 I've been told that week six is supposed to be the hardest of tour-the little things start becoming big annoyances, the same clothes are getting grungy, the redundancy of our daily obligations are wearing on the body/mind, and the meaning of why we are doing what we are doing can fade. However, I can honestly say that the week six curse has not struck this team. We are strong, in high spirits and doing what it takes to love one another through it all. I was talking to a fellow roadie on another team, and we were in agreement that the contacts and hosts who are generously taking care of us really help in the department of keeping our spirits high! The servitude and hospitality that we have experienced on our trip has been humbling, and it has translated in our ability to thrive and kick butt at screenings. Praise the Lord!

Recapping this last week through the lens

Last week's day off due to the snow storm allowed us to see an itty bit of Denver. Ahhhhh, love it!
 "Tattered Cover" used book store.  My teammate Colin brings us to at least one bookstore in every place we visit.  This one takes the cake.

 
 Downtown Denver

An outstanding and HEALTHY dinner with a fabulous past roadie, Molly.  Past roadies and roadies' families sure know how to take care of us!

RED ROCK Amphitheater  

We regularly use the camera self timer...but sometime it takes a couple tries. Take one: Jess's phone drops into the snow.

Take two: Charlie Brown?

Take three: It'll have to do.

We stayed in Littleton a few nights this week with another roadie's mom-we were so well taken care of, had the most amazing tortilla soup and we were able to catch some r&r.  Half of our team (Colin, Richard and myself) went up to Vail yeaterday for a screening.  Although tt was a lot of driving, the half day trip was so entirely worth it.  We met some phenominal students and got a little taste of the touristy side of Vail.  So European, so expensivo, so darn gorgeous.  Richard caught some of the drive up:
We're in Fort Collins tonight and its off to Boulder tomorrow.  I'm practically bursting at the seams with joy because I'll be seeing with Lindz and Josh in less than 48 hours.  Holy macrol.  I'm excited for us to explore, eat lots, laugh more than humanly possible, and catch up on everything.  More than that, I am so excited for them to meet my team and for my team to meet them.  I can't imagine it being anything but fabulous:)

Hope you all have a fabulous Easter with Family and friends!
All my love,
Jess

1 comment:

Haley said...

So awesome Jess! Have a great time with L&J, LOVE YOU!

Post a Comment